Getting Rid of Moles
- Moles are particularly frustrating for homeowners and business owners who spend a great deal of money maintaining landscaping.
- While the eastern mole is the most prevalent species in North America, hairy tailed and Western North American moles also inhabit specific regions in the United States.
- Moles make subterranean homes for protection from predators, to rear young, and to overwinter in regions with cold weather.
- Moles are skilled diggers who prefer loose soils, like sand. They are therefore found most often in grassy and wooded areas.
Common Mole Problems
- Given their preferred habitats and activities, moles are rarely seen inside buildings.
- Landowners who use mole-preferred soils on their plots are at the highest risk of attracting the tiny mammals.
- Expanses of property used for growing crops and golf courses are also favored sites for mole burrowing.
- Soils high in acidity, on the other hand, repel the pests.
- Since they tunnel so close to ground surfaces, moles often leave behind unsightly mounds of upturned dirt and kill grass and other plants when they burrow into the ground.
- As infestations of moles grow, they are capable of more destruction and can totally ruin otherwise aesthetically pleasing fields, as well as destroy crop yields for farmers.
- Additionally, the mammals inhabit sports fields, rendering them unusable.
Controlling Mole Populations
- Employing mole control methods can be tedious and expensive.
- Unless affected property owners have the time to monitor traps and plant boundaries to exclude the small mammals from the area, specialized services should be enlisted to eliminate mole infestations.
- Flooding molehills is a practice sometimes effective during the spring. However, adult moles are usually able to flee and later re-inhabit the area.
Mole Trapping and Removal
Moles are difficult to trap and populations of the pest are hard to control. Individuals facing mole infestations should call their local Critter Control office, as we maintain experienced technicians who specialize in mole removal. Let our trained technicians use their expertise to eradicate mole problems quickly and effectively.
We can help you get rid of mole problems. Call today!Request a Quote