Bats in Ann Arbor
A major benefit of bat control for Ann Arbor homeowners is protection against the diseases they can transfer to humans and pets. Some common problems that crop up from bats include:
- Guano piles—the odor and stains are unfortunate, and the guano itself can cause disease.
- Bats can make their way into homes through holes as small as a dime (6mm).
- Especially in the warmer summer months, bats (especially baby bats) can get into homes flying in through open windows or doors.
- Bat droppings, or guano, is considered in certain places to be effective fertilizer, but the generally held belief is that it is extremely hazardous to human health. The fungal spores it contains can cause a respiratory disease known as histoplasmosis.
Another misconception about bats is that they carry rabies, but in fact, less than 1/2% of all bats actually carry the virus. Even so, we do not recommend handling bats without experience and proper protective equipment, as the flying critters do transmit other diseases.
- In order to keep colonies of bats out of your attics, prevention methods like covering/sealing all vents, holes, chimneys, windows, and gaps leading inside homes will help discourage bats from coming onto your property.
- Fast bat control is of the essence when you have bats in your home, and we recognize this, so contact the professionals!
Trapping and Removal
Since bats do have the ability to carry diseases, homeowners should never approach them—bats can be aggressive when they perceive danger. We know the best ways to get rid of bats in your home and the most effective bat exclusion services. Call our professional technicians for effective bat control and bat removal near you! We are proud to provide service to the following areas surrounding Ann Arbor: Brighton, Chelsea, Dexter, Howell, Jackson, Milford, Saline, South Lyon, Whitmore Lake, Ypsilanti, Oakland, Washtenaw, & Livingston.Request a Quote